Kochi Metro has also decided to resume revenue services in a two staged manner .
Stage 1: 7th and 8th September
- Trains will operate from 7 AM to 1 PM and again from 2 PM to 8 PM
- There will be no train service from 1.00 PM to 2.00 PM
Stage 2: 9th September onwards
- Trains will function with a normal frequency of 10 minutes from 7:00 am to 12 noon and from 2 pm to 9 pm.
- During 12 noon to 2 pm the frequency will be every 20 minutes.
- Trains will stop at every station for 20 seconds for proper ventilation
- Trains will stop at terminal stations for 5 minutes for fresh air circulation
- Weekdays frequency
- 07:00 12:00 – 10 mins
- 12:00 14:00 – 20 mins
- 14:00 21:00 – 10 mins
- Last train from terminal stations at 21:00hrs
- On Sunday, services will start from 08:00hrs
We are trying to make the arrangements as passenger friendly as possible. Kochi Metro wants to ensure that the trains are clean, hygienic and fully sanitisedsaid Alkesh Kumar Sharma IAS MD KMRL.