Kochi Metro Rail Limited has added one more feature in the mobile app for the passengers. Kochi Metro users can generate a ticket with the QR Code on their mobile phones through Kochi 1 app. Commuters can use this QR code at the AFC gate.
This mode is completely cashless and does not require any interface with Ticket Office Operator. At present Kochi Metro has more 80,000 Kochi 1 card users. For non-card users Metro has already taken measures such as Cash boxes and digital payment modes. With this passengers can directly enter the platform without standing in queues at ticket counters.
We are promoting and encouraging contactless and cashless travel in Metro. The current scenario demands such modes of transactions. We are committed to provide a safe and clean metro for Kochiitessaid KMRL MD Alkesh Kumar Sharma IAS.
On an average 9000 commuters are using the metro every day. Kochi1 application can be downloaded from from Android Play Store or Apple App Store . Users should Register on the app with or without a Kochi1 card.
Steps to generate QR Code ticket through mobile app for Non-Card holders
- Open the Kochi1 application from your Android/ IOS Mobile
- Switch to Kochi Metro tab (by selecting ‘Kochi Metro’ option from bottom of homescreen)
- Select Start Station and End Station from the drop down
- Click on Book Now button
- Check the ticket details and amount to confirm and then click on Pay
- Enter your 6 digit mPIN to proceed( For Kochi 1 cardholders the amount will be deducted from the online balance)
- App will redirect to Axis bank payment page where you can enter any other Debit/Credit Card details followed by OTP.
- Ticket details with QR code will be generated on screen
- At any time, go to menu (3 vertical dots at top right corner) and click on Tickets to view your live or previous tickets
- The generated QR Code ticket can be used for Entry/Exit by scanning at KMRL AFC gates.